Announcement of Job Opening
Position: Supportive Living Nurse
Currently seeking a part-time nurse (LPN or RN) to join the Supportive Living team who work at the Humility of Mary Center supporting the CHM Sister-residents with their health concerns or issues and the ability to intervene on their behalf when necessary. The nurse strives to assist and foster the sister’s independence as much as possible. The nurse works as a liaison between the sisters and the CHM administration.
Some of the nursing responsibilities include ordering and distributing medications; assembling medications boxes for those able to take their own medications; assessing health status and taking vitals; ordering weekly labs, assessing results and contacting physicians; assisting with personal hygiene as necessary; provide first aid; share on-call responsibilities by communicating with night and weekend staff for medical emergencies; take sisters to their medical appointments and all other duties deemed essential for the sisters’ well-being.
- Must have nursing degree (LPN or RN) and current Iowa license.
- Must have knowledge of geriatrics and the aging process.
- Prefer experience working with geriatric populations.
- Must exhibit a calm and pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Must have the ability and willingness to follow regulations and directions.
- Must have the ability to navigate stairs with ease.
- Must have concise and clear communications skills wwhen dealing with others.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references to: email@example.com or Mike Duffy, 820 W. Central Park Ave., Davenport, IA 52804
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status.