IN THE STILLNESS WE HEAR YOUR VOICE, O GOD
STEP INTO TRANQUILITY
- Register for Spirit of the Prairie
- OLPR Tool Drive - Donate
- 2018 Prairie Retreat Program Calendar
- Watch video of OLPR
- Sign up for our monthly Spirit E-News mailing list to find out more about our events, blog posts, Prairie Retreat updates and more.
- To register for retreats online, go to the calendar listing or call 563-336-8414
Spend a day, a weekend, or even a week, reflecting, meditating and appreciating the beauty of God’s creation in a very special place deep in the midwest countryside: Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat, near Wheatland, Iowa. Only 40 minutes from downtown Davenport yet far from the hectic pace of life, The Prairie offers people of all faiths an environment of quiet beauty conducive to:
- personal prayer and reflection,
- inner growth and nurturing the soul,
- group team building, creative thinking and decision making.
Helpful Links and Downloads
- Email us for more info or call 563-336-8414
- Prairie Retreat General Info Brochure - plan your own personal or group retreat!
- Prairie Retreat Guest Handbook - with history and more
- Like us on Facebook
- Funding for the Future
- The Congregation of the Humility of Mary (who sponsor Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat) has established a designated fund that will grow for future needs as well as to help with operating expenses in years to come. A one-time, periodic or planned gift to this fund can be your way of helping the sisters to continue this unique ministry in the Quad City area.
Whether you come alone or with a group, you’ll find a welcoming environment designed to renew the human spirit:
- Paths wandering through woods
- The Cosmic Walk Universe Story
- Fields of flowing prairie grass
- Peaceful nature pond
- Ancient circles of the labyrinth
- Birdsong welcoming the morning
- Restful bliss in private rooms
- Phenomenal sunrise and sunset
For those with a focus on eco-friendly experiences The Prairie is sure to please:
- Surrounded by 200 acres of natural prairie grass and timber – no chemicals added
- Abundant native wildlife
- Fresh Iowa country air
- No bottled water – filtered H2O fresh from the well
- Delicious homecooked meals - locally grown and organic whenever possible
- China and flatware meal service (forget the paper & plastic!)
- Solar energy
A SACRED SPACE
Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat is a ministry of the Congregation of the Humility of Mary and is located in rural east central Iowa on a 200-acre native grass prairie woodland along the Wapsipinicon River.