|Sisters are placing 22 of these billboards in Iowa prior to the caucus|
CHM sisters do what we all should do to effect change. They stand up for what they believe in; they call their legislators; they attend peaceful gatherings; they sign petitions; they make healthy lifestyle changes; they pray. Now they are at it again--this time putting up billboards in collaboration with a bunch of other nuns!
As the CHM communications director I am only too happy to help in this latest endeavor: Catholic sisters are calling for care of the environment through:
- supporting legislation to reduce carbon emissions
- developing clean energy policies
- providing financial assistance to developing countries
To promote their point, sisters are placing 22 billboards in Iowa in January in advance of the caucuses to make sure delegates, potential presidential candidates, and voters remember this critical issue. Billboards will also be placed in Illinios and Wisconsin.The sisters who collaborated on the the project include 12 communities from the upper Mississippi River Valley region.
CHMs will take part in two ecumenical Care of Earth prayer services in Iowa at these billboard locations:
- Wednesday, Jan. 27 at 12:30 pm at 410 East 4th Street in Davenport
- Sunday, January 31 at 12 noon at 1808 42nd Street
- (intersection of Beaver Ave. and Franklin in Des Moines)
|CHM Sister Snyder not only stands with|
Pope Francis, she high fives him!