IN THE STILLNESS WE HEAR YOUR VOICE, O GOD
STEP INTO TRANQUILITY
- Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat is now closed to in-person retreats until further notice. The good news is, we now offer on-line retreats. Go to our web calendar for details!
- Sign up for our monthly CHM Spirit E-News to find out more about our events, blog posts, Prairie Retreat updates and more.
- GivingTuesday 2020 - Solar Power on The Prairie!
Spend a day, a weekend, or even a week, reflecting, meditating and appreciating the beauty of God’s creation in a very special place deep in the midwest countryside: Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat, near Wheatland, Iowa. Only 40 minutes from downtown Davenport yet far from the hectic pace of life, The Prairie offers people of all faiths an environment of quiet beauty conducive to:
- personal prayer and reflection,
- inner growth and nurturing the soul,
- group team building, creative thinking and decision making.
This short 1:00 minute video will give you an idea of the beauty of The Prairie - with a bird's eye view.
You can see even more by clicking this link to terrific news coverage we received in 2017.
Helpful Links and Downloads
- Email us for more info or call 563-336-8414
- Prairie Retreat General Info Brochure including fees - plan your own personal or group retreat!
- Prairie Retreat Guest Handbook - with history and more
- Like us on Facebook
- Funding for the Future
- The Congregation of the Humility of Mary (who sponsor Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat) has established a designated fund that will grow for future needs as well as to help with operating expenses in years to come. A one-time, periodic or planned gift to this fund can be your way of helping the sisters to continue this unique ministry in the Quad City area.
Whether you come alone or with a group, you’ll find a welcoming environment designed to renew the human spirit:
- Paths wandering through woods
- The Cosmic Walk Universe Story
- Fields of flowing prairie grass
- Peaceful nature pond
- Ancient circles of the labyrinth
- Birdsong welcoming the morning
- Restful bliss in private rooms
- Phenomenal sunrise and sunset
For those with a focus on eco-friendly experiences The Prairie is sure to please:
- Surrounded by 100 acres of natural prairie grass and timber – no chemicals added
- Abundant native wildlife
- Fresh Iowa country air
- No bottled water – filtered H2O fresh from the well
- Delicious home cooked meals - locally grown and organic whenever possible
- China and flatware meal service (forget the paper & plastic!)
- Solar energy
- Click here for the CHM Land Ethic and Principles of Sustainability document
A SACRED SPACE
Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat is a ministry of the Congregation of the Humility of Mary and is located in rural east central Iowa on a 200-acre native grass prairie woodland along the Wapsipinicon River.